What are we without network access? Isolated!
Almost all laptops today come with Wi-Fi cards, the signal may just not be good enough for you. Speed, reception, etc. may not be on par with what you need due to many factors. You cannot replace the laptop now, can you? What do you do then? You buy the best laptop wireless card to boost your laptop’s Wi-Fi capabilities.
To help you in the quest of finding the best wireless AC card for laptops, we have come up with a comprehensive list that you could consider.
Best Wireless AC Card for Laptop
1. AR9462 AR5B22 Combo Wi-Fi Card
This is a chipset from Qualcomm. It has dual-band connectivity, allowing you to use either 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, or both based on your preferences.
Let’s take a look at why it is among the best laptop wireless cards today:
- It has a 2T/2R mini PCI-Express module.
- While it works with Windows, the brand mentions that it is not an ideal choice for HP laptops, Thinkpads, and Lenovo.
- It has drivers for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. You may install both or one based on what you need.
- This card is mainly made only for laptops and will not work on computers.
- The only thing you must be very careful about here is installing the drivers. If you don’t do that, the card will not work or will malfunction. The company has provided all the links for downloading drivers, making the job very easy for us.
2. Intel 7260.HMWG.R Dual-Band Wireless AC 7260 PCI Express Half Mini Card
This mini-card is compatible with 802.11 b/a/g/n/ac. It is known to work very smoothly, providing enhanced coverage and speed.
Let’s look into its features:
- It has an Intel wireless display.
- Bluetooth 4.0 makes it handier. However, you will need to install the required, updated drivers first. Some people have faced issues while trying to get Bluetooth to work. Even after installing drivers, if you are facing issues, you may need to contact the executives for a solution.
- It comes with the Intel Wi-Fi Hotspot assistant.
- Users have reported that the connection is very stable and fast.
- While it works with most laptops, its compatibility with Lenovo and HP laptops is questionable. The brand clearly states that the card may not work with them.
3. AzureWave Broadcom 802.11/ac Card for Laptop
Offering speeds of up to 867 MBPS, the AzureWave Broadcom is a Half-Mini PCI-E card. It comes with 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz options for laptops and may not work with computers. Also, the card is not compatible with HP and Lenovo laptops.
Here are a few more of its features:
- It has Bluetooth 4.0.
- If you only have USB, you may need a PCI-E with a USB adapter to get this to work for your laptop.
- The brand recommends that you check its compatibility with your laptop before you make your purchase because some laptop models are not compatible with it. You can find out by searching online.
- The connection it provides is seamless and fast. Many users say that they have no complaints in this regard.
- To get the highest speed you may need to make a few adjustments based on your laptop model. If you face trouble, you can always contact their tech support.
4. Dual Band Wireless – AC 7260 HMWG Wi-Fi H/T Mini PCI-E Card
Another gem from Intel, this dual-band wireless card supports Windows and Linux. It also supports NUC. Before you choose this one, make sure it is compatible with your laptop because many users have complained about this after making a purchase.
Let’s find out a little more:
- It will not work with IBM, Lenovo, Thinkpad, and HP laptops. It is also not compatible with AMD Motherboard. So, if you have any of these laptops or the AMB motherboard, you should look for other options.
- It is capable of providing 867 MBPS speed along with excellent coverage.
- It is made to be energy efficient, promising better battery life.
- It works with 802.11 n/b/ac.
- A few users have said that they faced trouble with Bluetooth. If that’s happening to you despite installing updated drivers, you may want to talk to their tech support and resolve the issue.
5. Intel 3160 Dual Band Wireless AC + Bluetooth Mini PCI-E Card
One of the best laptop Wi-Fi cards from Intel, the Intel 3160 Mini PCI-E Card supports 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz frequencies.
Why is it so popular? Let’s find out:
- It supports A/B/G/N/AC.
- It has Bluetooth 4.0.
- It comes with a Smart Power Optimizer, making it perform better than its counterparts.
- The moment you start using the Wi-Fi card, you will see that the Internet speed is much better. If you have an AC router, it will just get exponentially better.
- Even though many people worry about the card not working with HP and Lenovo laptops, a few users say they faced no trouble. Thus, you may need to check and see if your model is compatible before you purchase.
- The card is affordable and reliable, which means you don’t have to spend too much to get superb internet speeds.
- Make sure you go through the usage instructions to make the best use of this card.
Through this list, you can see just how much variation there is on the market when it comes to choosing the fastest laptop Wi-Fi card. The options may feel confusing in the beginning, but a little research based on which laptop you have will help you finalize the best.
Do you have any other laptop Wi-Fi cards in mind? We would love to hear from you!