The Nintendo Wii comes with a cable that lets you connect it to the TV. The picture is quite good. But what if good isn’t good enough for you? What if you want the best possible graphics on your TV? Well, that’s possible through a Wii component cable.
A little about the Wii component cable
Before we jump to the reviews of the best available options, let’s talk about the component cable. How is it better, you may wonder. Well, for starters, it has 5 wires. A standard AV cable (that comes with the original Wii) has only 3. There are 3 separate wires in a component cable dedicated to video and 2 dedicated to audio. All put together, thus, you get excellent AV.
Best Wii component cable
1. Wii Component Video Cable – Nintendo
This is the official Nintendo Wii component cable, and that is why it is the first one on our list. It promises to give the best possible picture on your TV. Let’s go through its features together:
- It makes the picture crisp and lively.
- The cables are quite thick and durable.
- If you have an HDTV, you must own this cable because it will do justice to your HD screen.
- The cable also takes care of audio and video delays, which are quite prevalent otherwise.
- The only thing users are unhappy about is that it costs more than other options. But since this is the original cable, we think it is worth it.
2. Component AV Cable For Wii
All HDTV owners will love this cable! It is affordable and has been built mainly for Wii to HDMI data transfer. It is not compatible with any other device. Below are a few reasons why you should buy it:
- It is a long cable at 6 feet.
- It offers a natural and vivid display.
- The cable is highly functional and durable.
- Some people have reported sound issues, but that should go away once you correctly plug the cables in.
- The cable is extremely cheap, and that is why it is a very popular choice.
- If you are unable to see a difference in the picture quality, we suggest you check the setup menu on your Wii and change it from 480i to 480p.
3. Nintendo Wii Component AV Cable – 480p
1.8 meters long and 480p output. That’s perfect for your Wii! Plus, it is also easily affordable. If you need more reasons to add this to your cart, please read on:
- You can connect your Wii to an HDTV or EDTV and enjoy 480p output instead of the standard 480i.
- It has been specifically designed to deliver incredible sound and sharp picture.
- The connectors are color-coded to help you distinguish between them easily. They are in PVC jackets for durability.
- Installation is very easy. You just have to plug it in!
- Please note that this is only compatible with Nintendo Wii and the Wii U. For other consoles, you will have to consider other options.
4. Rocketfish Component Cable – Nintendo Wii
Get high-quality pictures and sounds with the utmost ease. Just buy the Rocketfish Component Cable! Here are a few more amazing features:
- The length of the cable is 6 feet. It is made of heavy-duty material.
- It has gold connectors to ensure a powerful signal.
- You can connect your Wii to AV receivers, plasma TV, HDTV, and LCD TVs.
- The connectors are firm and very durable. You can use the cable for months without any issues.
- Many users say that it provides the same quality as the original Nintendo cable but costs very less. This is why it is a favorable option.
5. Component Cable for Wii from NextWeb
With a 6-feet long cable and durable casing, you won’t have any trouble with quality if you buy this cable. But is that it? Not really. Below are a few more features of the component cable from NextWeb:
- It has a durable construction to ensure longevity.
- It can give you a 480p picture with widescreen if you have a TV that supports the same.
- It is very fairly priced.
- You can plug it into your HDTV and start using it right away. You may have to change the setup on your Wii to accommodate 480p, though.
- A few people have been using the cable for over a year without complaints.
All the options we listed above are resilient and long-lasting. They deliver and live up to their promise quite wonderfully. No matter which one you choose, we are positive that you will be happy with your choice.
If you have any questions or doubts regarding component cable for Wii, please feel free to get in touch with us. We are looking forward to your comments.